You could be a walk leader if this is you:
- Have a great enthusiasm for walking and Walking for Health’s vision of everyone having access to a short, free and friendly walk
- Have a couple of hours spare per month or maybe more.
- Are prepared to lead health walks in line with best practise procedures (covered in walk leader training)
- Are happy to stay in touch with your local scheme for updates / refreshers when required
- Are open minded, willing to support a diverse range of people to become more active through walking.
- Are over 18, in line with our safeguarding policy
We can manage the existing programme with our current bank of leaders, but to expand we really need extra leaders and back markers.
We are in particular need of leaders to start new entry level walks, these are walks which are no longer than 30 minutes.
The next full training is likely to be in April 2020, although the list is always open and ad hoc events can be arranged.
If you would like to train to join us as a walk leader or require extra information please email [email protected]
The initial training is all on one day or half-day, then you would shadow an existing leader before leading your first walk. There will be an experienced leader in attendance on your first walk, so you will be well supported.
The video used as part of the training, 23 1/2 hours, is fun and is recommended for everyone, walkers, would-be walkers and walk leaders.