Latest Training News
We held a couple of training events so far in 2023 and were pleased to welcome some new walk leaders to the scheme.
If you would like to attend or next training, or just find out more, please email [email protected] or phone 07512 123995
You could be a walk leader if this is you:
- Have a great enthusiasm for walking and Ramblers Wellbeing Walk’s vision of everyone having access to a short, free and friendly walk
- Have a couple of hours spare per month or maybe more.
- Are happy to stay in touch with your local scheme for updates / refreshers when required
- Are open minded, willing to support a diverse range of people to become more active through walking.
- Are over 18, in line with our safeguarding policy
The training route to becoming a Ramblers Wellbeing walk leader:
- Join one of our walks to see what we do.
- Do two short online courses on Assemble, the Ramblers Volunteer Portal.
- Shadow a walk leader.
- Attend a Presentation and take part in a demonstration walk, you will learn to do a recce and risk assessment, how to set the pace and more.
- Lead a walk under observation.
For further information please email [email protected]
We always need new walk leaders to start new walks, including entry level walks, these are walks which are no longer than 30 minutes. All our existing walks would welcome new input too.
The video used as part of the training, 23 1/2 hours, is fun and is recommended for everyone, walkers, would-be walkers and walk leaders.