Could you be a walk leader and is this you?
- Have a great enthusiasm for walking and Walking for Health’s vision of everyone having access to a short, free and friendly walk
- Have a couple of hours spare per month or maybe more.
- Be prepared to lead health walks in line with best practise procedures (covered in walk leader training)
- Commitment to lead walks for recognised Walking for Health walks only
- Be physically able to assist / lead in the delivery of health walks (this can include being a back, middle or front walk leader)
- Be happy to stay in touch with your local scheme for updates / refreshers when required
- Open minded, willing to support a diverse range of people by supporting people to become more active through walking.
- Be over 18, in line with our safeguarding policy
We can manage the existing programme with our current bank of leaders, but to expand we really need extra leaders and back markers.
We are in particular need of leaders to start new entry level walks, these are walks which are no longer than 30 minutes.
The next walk leader training session will be 23rd November 2018 at the Madeley Court Medical Practice
If you would like to train to join us as a walk leader or require extra information please email [email protected]
The initial training is all on one day, then you would shadow an existing leader before leading your first walk. There will be an experienced leader in attendance on your first walk, so you will be well supported.
The video used as part of the training, 23 1/2 hours, is fun and is recommended for everyone, walkers, would-be walkers and walk leaders.