You could be a walk leader if this is you:
- Have a great enthusiasm for walking and Walking for Health’s vision of everyone having access to a short, free and friendly walk
- Have a couple of hours spare per month or maybe more.
- Are happy to stay in touch with your local scheme for updates / refreshers when required
- Are open minded, willing to support a diverse range of people to become more active through walking.
- Are over 18, in line with our safeguarding policy
Now we have restarted our walks it is clear that we need new walk leaders.
We are in particular need of leaders to start new entry level walks, these are walks which are no longer than 30 minutes. All our existing walks would welcome new input too.
Currently training will be in 2 parts with the first via Zoom and then a demo walk at a later date. We can put on a session at short notice so please get in touch if you are interested. After these sessions you would shadow an existing leader before leading your first walk. There will be an experienced leader in attendance on your first walk, so you will be well supported.
If you would like to train to join us as a walk leader or require extra information please email [email protected]
The video used as part of the training, 23 1/2 hours, is fun and is recommended for everyone, walkers, would-be walkers and walk leaders.