Latest Training News
- We have arranged a part 1 training session on March 10th at 2 pm via Zoom , this will be followed by a demo walk when we are able to walk with others again. Please email [email protected] to join this session.
- With the impending change to Ramblers Well-being walks existing walk leaders will just need to do a short induction, we think mainly about paper work. We will let walk leaders know about this as soon as we have the information which is unlikely to be before April.
You could be a walk leader if this is you:
- Have a great enthusiasm for walking and Walking for Health’s vision of everyone having access to a short, free and friendly walk
- Have a couple of hours spare per month or maybe more.
- Are happy to stay in touch with your local scheme for updates / refreshers when required
- Are open minded, willing to support a diverse range of people to become more active through walking.
- Are over 18, in line with our safeguarding policy
We always need new walk leaders to start new walks, including entry level walks, these are walks which are no longer than 30 minutes. All our existing walks would welcome new input too.
Currently training will be in 2 parts with the first via Zoom and then a demo walk at a later date. We can put on a session at short notice (we have one on March 10th- see above) so please get in touch if you are interested. After these sessions you would shadow an existing leader before leading your first walk. There will be an experienced leader in attendance on your first walk, so you will be well supported.
If you would like to train to join us as a walk leader or require extra information please email [email protected]
The video used as part of the training, 23 1/2 hours, is fun and is recommended for everyone, walkers, would-be walkers and walk leaders.